I am happy to share a small selection of paintings with my friends showing beautiful people and landscapes of the Terai. Thank you dear friends and the Terai for inspiration - in Dhangadhi I did my first painting ever.
- Sarada puts on her green bangles for Teej Festival as if she is trying to match the colours of her outfit to the Terai during monsoon time.
- The thick grey fog over the Terai in winter versus the explosion of mustard-yellow flowers in its protesting contrast.
- Tharu girl Sweta is attentively observing how her mother is dyeing the elephant grass in festive red to prepare it for weaving Dakhiyas (baskets).
- Today the wheat-yellow month of Baisakh is showing a cobalt-blue sky. A Rana Tharu woman in her colourful dress is prepared for the harvest puja.
- The long silver sleeves of the Karnali River are reaching the Terai by leaving behind the blue shadows of the Himalayas.
- It seems that the sun is rising earlier than usual today in Bardia to wake you up for breakfast. You welcome the sun with your morning cup of tea and are pleased with the gentle pink light spreading over the Terai.
01. 04. – 15.04.2016 Kathmandu